Jack Sullivan’s Exclusive Column

Author: . Published: at 9:47pm

Hello again to everyone reading this, my last one of these was more of a re-cap on what had been going on and who we had signed so far. We have signed three players so far, if you include Lanzini, and all are very good players. We are still in the search for a few more big players. We have also signed some youth players; all three could be great in the future and potential stars for the club.

The Batshuayi situation was a big blow, as we had had a bid accepted from Marseille but Chelsea came in for him. Of course the player wants to go to Chelsea due to his wages being greater and their more recent history of winning lots of trophies. Personally I’m not sure it’s the right decision as Chelsea is a hard place to go as a new player – you have to hit the ground running with a lot of pressure on your shoulders.

It’s important to remember that of course there are more targets.  As we work to complete them we want everyone to be happy from Tony Henry to Bilic to DS. If you are spending £30 million the worst thing to do is spend it on a flop and we want everyone to have full faith that he will not be. Of course the fans are starting to get angry which does disappoint me, as over the last three years, our transfer record has been one of the best in the Premier League in my opinion. It does hurt me that I can’t really say much more than that but everyone is trying and I can’t tell you what is happening just yet. I promise when the season starts the team will be ready and will have a great striker to go with it.

Deals are taking their time and if I ran things maybe things would be different, however whether I would be more successful I’m not 100% sure about. DS has been in this business for 24 years now and overall has done a fantastic job. He turned Birmingham into a club that finished 8th in the Premier League with a great stadium and West Ham have just started their transformation. West Ham has fantastic potential and in a few years time I believe 99% of footballers will want to play for West Ham.

I go to the OS and it really is incredible, the size is breathtaking! It honestly should be amazing next year and I feel the whole club will follow suit.  I feel it almost has already! The OS has the best facilities, better than any other stadium! I went last Tuesday for a look around and it’s truly sensational. I went pitch side and was blown away by the size and I’m sure with 60,000 fans there every player will be impressed.

At the moment it is frustrating and for no one more so than DS as of course he wants what is best for the club. In every tweet I get people think they know the answer and 99.9% of the tweets, unless they are ridiculous, we have tried to pull off.

As I said before there are reasons that you will never know as to why deals don’t happen or things don’t work out.  It wrongly makes people feel like it’s easy to buy and sell players! I can assure you it’s the hardest thing in the world. I have 100% faith in DS to pull something out of the bag and I really feel you should too!

Comments

• 3rd July 2016 at 10:03 pm

It’s disappointing to see jumped up players knock west ham back,some are totally unproven outside the French league yet think they are world beaters.Got faith in David Sullivan landing a good striker though

• 3rd July 2016 at 10:04 pm

well said Jack keep the faith, we are in a fantastic place right now they will keep getting it right COYI

• Stuart Budge
    3rd July 2016 at 10:14 pm

Bang on jack we have to remember who we are .5 years ago you would not believe where we are at.now iv got complete thaith in the 2 daves to get it right again .the Olympic stadium was not built in a day. Coyi

• Dave Sansum
    3rd July 2016 at 10:15 pm

Thanks Jack, we have great chairmen and a great manager. Signing a marquee striker is a new challenge. We have to compete against top teams, we have to be realistic and dream at the same time. Bacca would be nice, but we’ll see who we get. Really looking forward to next season in any case :).

• Ian
    3rd July 2016 at 10:17 pm

Just Frustrated, Tomkin’s possibly leaving too, Mata-Everton, Batshuayi- Chavski, Tore still hankering now possibly Benteke going to Palace, are we trying to sign Fletcher from Man Utd?? No more mention of him either.

• Markus
    3rd July 2016 at 10:17 pm

I’ve got faith, even if it’s someone we’ve never heard of. Keep us updated Jack!

• Martin danaher
    3rd July 2016 at 10:20 pm

Is there a possibility sakho will stay, Remy won’t get a game at chelski would he be an option ?

• 3rd July 2016 at 10:21 pm

What about tore . This is a good read as I was one of them slagging off because we dip out after this I’m happy now

• Billy Nicholls
    3rd July 2016 at 10:48 pm

It is very frustrating when we are linked with such names as Lacazette, Batshuayi and Bacca and end up with not one… Everybody thinks they know what they’re talking about when they say, “Just sign him”. It isn’t as easy as that! Jack is correct with everything he’s said but especially when saying our transfers have a good success rate, It is so often that a club will invest in players, often a lot of big names and they will flop, look at tottenham with the Bale money, but we are different. Even when Allardyce signed Kouyate, Cresswell etc. There was always a chance it could go wrong but it didn’t because our scouts and owners are good at what they do and I for 1 have 100% faith in the Board and Super Slav! Come on you irons! – Great article btw Jack.

• Mark
    4th July 2016 at 7:18 am

In DS we must trust ⚒ I’m sure we will be OK

• Trevor Jones
    4th July 2016 at 7:57 am

I have been critical but will try to be patient, I suppose it’s also the Payet thing hanging over us, will he or won’t he be here for next season, thank you for explaining , it helps.

• 4th July 2016 at 9:11 pm

If I hadnt pulled my hamstring I would have come Jack! If Sheringham could do it in his 40’s I could 😉 Keep up the good job! COYI

• 5th July 2016 at 12:28 am

Pull the money he promised us the fans out of the bag and get a striker we can’t keep depending to end up with good players and a great player we have to pay for a world class young striker to take us forward we were promised that the Owners would spend big on a striker keep your word D S you always have in the past

• Peter Kelly
    5th July 2016 at 8:49 am

Jack what a good piece well written and informative. I have been a supporter for over 70 years, and had the
    Privalidge for being a a on trial as a youth, in the 50s, the same time as David Gold, but it wasn’t to be.
    Keep up the good work it’s great to here a young persons view. Please pass on my thanks to your Dad for all he does for our great club, in my opinion the best owners the club as ever had. And that includes the CearnsWe are very lucky to have both the David’s WELL DONE

• 5th July 2016 at 3:04 pm

fair point, the only things ive been disappointed with is us not signing Wilfred Bony when we had the chance to do so and Emenike not being given a fair crack, countless times I would see him run off the ball into great scoring positions and no one would pass him the ball, or he would contribute and set up play around the box but because he didn’t bang in goals left right and center people started saying he was shit, which in my opinion is a joke if they bothered to watch him off the ball instead of on it all the time, because his movement was fantastic, i think if he had been fed more he would of scored tons of goals for us, lastly I hope we get the Goken Tore deal done, he is an excellent play maker as well as winger who can also play in the middle and he is a work horse to which the fans will love.

• Dan
    6th July 2016 at 1:50 pm

Please stop referring to your dad as DS just say dad or my old man anything else!

• 14th July 2016 at 1:22 am

DS (or Jack’s Dad/Jack’s Old Man) has always done us proud with transfers, and he will do so again. There is no point in paying over the odds for a player when there are others who are far better value. We are still only in mid July, so there is plenty of time for deals to be done, and I am certain we will not be disappointed by the start of next season. Thanks Jack: it’s great to have inside information on what is going on behind the scenes.