Betway Insider Podcast
Author: ExWHUEmployee. Published: 22 July 2016 at 6:41pm
Darren Lewis joins host Tom Bowles and resident tipster Alan Alger in the studio for episode 20 of the Betway Insider Podcast.
The Daily Mirror football writer discusses the astronomical sums Premier League clubs are prepared to pay for new signings this summer, including:
- How China’s football revolution and the new TV deal has impacted certain clubs’ transfer policies, especially Leicester City.
- The clubs that are attempting to spend sensibly, citing Arsenal’s ultimately-failed move for Jamie Vardy.
- Tottenham’s “terrific” purchases, Victor Wanyama and Vincent Janssen.
- The reason why West Ham are prepared to spend big money on a new striker this summer, including the latest on target Carlos Bacca.
- How the figures the Hammers offered to Carlos Tevez – and given to Dimitri Payet – are affecting Bacca’s demands.
- The impressive early business done by Manchester United, and why Paul Pogba is worth spending £100m on.
- Jose Mourinho’s side being more likely than Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City to win the Premier League.
- Why the TV-money bubble is not going to burst anytime soon.
- The EFL trophy and why clubs in the English top flight are so reluctant to take part in it.
- The prospective appointment of Sam Allardyce as England manager and why he is a better option than Jurgen Klinsmann.
- Jurgen Klopp’s new contract at Liverpool and the reason why he believes he was given an extended deal so early in his tenure.
- Arsene Wenger being right to make Thierry Henry choose between coaching and punditry and why the two can rarely be done together.
Alan, meanwhile, gives an outstanding insight into why the latest Premier League odds are as they are. And because it is the last show before everyone enjoys a short summer break, shares some of his favourite moments from the first 20 episodes of the series.