Monday’s News Round Up: Hammers ‘recruitment restructure’, Defender deal close, Chicharito hails ‘Unbelievable’ Arnie

Author: . Published: at 12:52pm

Hello Hammers. Here is what is in the news regarding the Hammers today:

David Moyes is planning to be West Ham manager for the long term. (Evening Standard)

As I said previously, David Moyes deserves to stay if he keeps us up. He has done a brilliant job so far, and I think he would be well worthy of being kept on beyond the end of the season.

David Moyes has confirmed that co-chairman David Sullivan will decrease his influence over transfers in a recruitment restructure at West Ham. (Sky Sports)

In this restructure, Moyes wants West Ham to expand their scouting network to prevent promising young players from slipping through the net. (Evening Standard)

I really love the idea of this. I like that Moyes has an idea of what he wants to build, because I think that is very important. I also think it is better for everyone if Sullivan takes a step back, but he still needs to back Moyes and sign the players that are required.

West Ham rejected a late loan bid from Newcastle for Joe Hart. (Mirror Football)

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure Newcastle would have to go through Man City in order to sign Hart. After all, he is still technically their player. Its a shame that Hart’s move has worked out the way it has, but sadly it is what it is.

Three West Ham fans were arrested on Saturday, following the 2-0 win over Watford. (The Sun Football)

I have seen video evidence of this, and I think the headline has missed out a major part. Whilst I do not at all agree with what the three supporters did in order to get arrested, the stewards treatment towards them fans was absolutely disgraceful.

West Ham are close to agreeing a deal to sign Fulham defender Ryan Fredericks on a free transfer in the summer. (Football Insider)

This would be a very good signing for us. Fredericks is a good, young defender who has a bright future ahead of him. If we do sign him, it just goes to show that not all free transfers are such bad deals after all.

Borussia Monchengladbach sporting director Max Eberl has reaffirmed his desire to keep Reece Oxford at the club beyond the terms of his loan deal. (Evening Standard)

I have become very frustrated with Monchengladbach and their approach towards Oxford, because I do not think it is right. We called him back so that he could play in the first team, but they have constantly been at us to try and get him back. If I was in charge of the club, I would bring Oxford back in the summer and not sell him to them. Its just my opinion, but if it was us that had approached a player the way Monchengladbach approached Oxford, then you would never hear the end of it.

Javier Hernandez¬† says Marko Arnautovic has given him more confidence in front of goal, and has hailed the Austrian as ‘unbelievable’. (Evening Standard)

I am glad to see that Hernandez is happy and scoring goals again. I am a huge fan of his and I have been desperate to see it work out for him with us, and it looks like it is starting to. Him and Arnautovic playing together looked a massive threat on Saturday, and I believe they could cause any Premier League defence problems.

 

 

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *