Andre Ayew signs

Home Forum News and views Andre Ayew signs

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jamo 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Today has been a busy day for players coming in to the club. The second player to join the club is Andre Ayew from Swansea for a fee of around £20m. I am personally very happy to see him as a Hammer. He played very well last season, especially against West ham! Welcome Andre!

kernow
    Participant

Agreed Ben, he could be a really decent signing but it just sticks in the gullet a bit that we’ve had to spend £20.5m on a player that we couldn’t get over the line for a free last year. I think he’ll suit the way Bilic likes to play but still can’t help thinking we do need that pure out and out striker, unless Callieri comes up trumps obviously.

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

It is what it is i guess. Swansea didn’t exactly get him for free though, ridiculous golden handshake! I agree with you, we should go bacca to thinking about strikers.

Lightwood_Hammer
    Participant

Ayew and Payet rekindle their partnership at West Ham, think we will witness something special this season.

Just look at our Midfield and what I’ve seen from our new Left back Ayew, Carroll and possibly Bacca will have plenty of service.

We may of went the long way around in getting Ayew but we know he’s a proven player in the Premier League and that’s priceless.

£20.5M may sound a bit too much but look at the TV, media deal which every club benefited from…prices were bound to inflate.

Excellent business to date, Well done Gold and Sullivan.

Jamo
    Participant

When you look at our squad now it is getting some real strength in depth, with two good players in each position. I like him as a player so really pleased we got him. I would imagine he would have had to take a pay cut as his wages at Swansea took into account that they didn’t pay a transfer fee – but he was far from a free transfer for them.

My only disappointment in getting him would be if it means not getting Bacca (or another striker) as I don’t see Ayew as that out and out striker we need.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.