Astra away: predictions

Home Forum Matchday Astra away: predictions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  faubert93 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Unfinished business indeed.

Tonight we are rematched against Astra Giurgiu, the team who eliminated us from the competition last season. I think we have a bit more about us this year and should progress comfortably.

I wouldn’t say this lineup is my prediction as such, more the team I would pick if I were the manager.

Randolph, Byram ,Oxford , Ogbonna, Page, Obiang, Quina, Tore, Kouyate, Antonio, Valencia

Converting Antonio into a right back has been a rocky road as we all know, if he is to be converted at all, I would give him a go up top. Brilliant finisher and a couple of goals tonight would restore confidence.

My heart says we win will 2:0 but my head is saying 1:1 which is still a decent position to be in for the return leg.

COYI

Jamo
    Participant

Page is on loan at Coventry isn’t he?

I’d play Ogbonna out left as I think he has played there for Juve a few times. Reid or Collins with Oxford

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

Yes that’s true. I think that’s mad as Masuaku is ineligible. We therefore go into this game without a recognised left back.

Ok for me, Collins in for Page with Ogbonna covering the left.

I would hope to see either Fletcher or Calleri get a decent amount of minutes from the bench too.

faubert93
    Participant

I’d go:

Randolph

Oxford Collins Ogbonna
    Antonio(RWB) Byram (LWB)
    Noble Obiang
    Tore Samuelsen
    Calleri

faubert93
    Participant

Can’t afford to risk carroll with the injuries we have.
    Kouyate is rumoured to be carrying a knock.
    Tore needs a run out as he looked useless at Chelsea
    Samuelsen also needs game time to show what he can do.
    Oxford and Og to provide cover for the slower collins.
    Calleri to have a run out or Fletcher. Either one will do.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.