Calleri….Who & Why

Home Forum News and views Calleri….Who & Why

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TheQuietMan 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Daledwhu
    Participant

So it sounds like a deal maybe close for Jonathan Calleri……?
    well at least hes a striker but there are a lot of contrasting stats about his strike rate and I cant say I’ve ever heard of him before this window, so can anyone fill in some of the blanks:
    what is his actual strike rate
    type of player (does he like the ball in to feet, does he hold it up, good in the air)
    why him

fitzy180
    Participant

cant say ive seen too much of him but from what ive seen on youtube and watching a few games while betting on them he looks decent. an all round striker. decent at heading, very composed, can run with the ball and good movement, almost if you gave lanzini more striker attributes you would get calleiri. scored 40ish goals in 100 games so far i think.

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

If he comes and is anywhere near as successful as Manu I would be very happy.

TheQuietMan
    Participant

From what I have seen of Calleri & I’ve followed him from just before he moved to Boca a few years back. I honestly do think we have brought the next big Argentine striker to the club. For me there isn’t enough excitement over this deal & I think you could see us signing him permanently in January.

We all loved Tevez & his quality was there to see even in his last year at Juventus, well Calleri performed Tevez at Boca.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.