Is Carroll the 20 goal a season striker we have been crying out for?

Home Forum General discussion Is Carroll the 20 goal a season striker we have been crying out for?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Richemagehtjr 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Our very own Evan (@EvanCoolJ on twitter) has asked the question ‘How do we know that Andy Carroll is not the twenty goal a season striker?’

Andy has not yet completed a pre season in his West Ham career so can we expect massive things from him this coming season? Can he bag the goals we need to take it up a level?

kurt
    Participant

On he’s day he’s brilliant but won’t last the whole season, it’s a shame because we all love him! Call me crazy I wouldn’t mind seeing Antonio giving a go up top? He’s quick strong can finish and good in the air! Players like payet lanzini and Feghouli playing behind him, feeding him who says he can’t be our 20 a season striker?

YoungMan
    Participant

No. Sell him whilst he’s fit. Give them wages to someone who can give us atleast a season.

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

Do you not think it is possible that Carroll has put injuries behind him? Maybe Super Slav has been managing Andy much better.

YoungMan
    Participant

I think he’ll never be able to put them behind him. He gets fit scores a couple everyone raves and we say he’s not for sale then injured again to much money being wasted would love to see him stay fit but just can’t afford gamble every year.

whufc-19856
    Participant

I like Carroll, but I don’t think he would be the goal scorer we are after. Assuming that he remains injury free I think he is the sort of player who will score 15 goals a season. Still a decent return but unless you have a couple of goal scoring midfielders, 15 goals won’t be enough to qualify in the European places.

TheQuietMan
    Participant

Carroll is one of those players who is undoubtedly talented possibly the best target man around but his injury record speaks for itself. There is no doubt he has improved under Bilic both in the air & on the floor. I do think he will get goals this season but it’s keeping him fit & keeping him up for it. I think we might see a good link up with him & Feghouli with both providing in crosses & knock downs.

Richemagehtjr
    Participant

Personally I don’t think he will ever be consistently fit enough to score the goals we need from him.

Also I’m not convinced he is the answer either ability wise, great target man but not a great finisher.

He is dominant in the air but not a natural goalscorer for me.

I think we need a more complete striker.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.