Deadline day

Home Forum News and views Deadline day

This topic contains 30 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Ben Cooper 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

The transfer window closes at 11pm today.  Will there be any movement at West Ham?

As it stands this morning:

Possible Players out:

Valencia, Obiang,  Sakho,  youngsters on loan

Possible Players in :

A RB, another striker, a surprise?

TheQuietMan
    Participant

I don’t think Sakho will leave today, January maybe but tbh if he put all the madness behind him he could still do a job for us.

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

I would love to see Diafra back to his best for us. Gives defenders the run around.

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Looks like Bony is off to Stoke. We killed our interest in this deal a few days ago apparently.

Also, just seen reports that Doniel Henry will look to move out on loan today.

How about Poyet? Seems likely that a permanent move is on the cards.

Craig Podevin

I think it’d be good for Poyet & Henry to leave, I don’t think either players have futures with us. Poyet looks good potentially but he’ll never get game time as a CM for us.

Valencia is awful and has to leave. I don’t even think a championship club would be a good move for him if I’m honest, whereas Sakho I think can find the net when in the right frame of mind so I feel 50/50 about him.

I don’t know why we didn’t go for Janmaat or Chambers but if we can get a decent RB I’ll be happy with our squad.

Bony to Stoke could be decent for them as well, it depends how much they use him!

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

A few reports going around now about Micha Richards joining. Not sure about that one to be honest, has been bad since moving to florentina. Would Villa let the captain leave?

torino hammer
    Participant

Richards has not been getting in the recent Villa team……I liked him when he was younger but seems to have lost it

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

Jack pretty much killed this rumour yesterday. The papers seem to be running with it anyway for some reason.

Jamo
    Participant

I’m chuffed Bony isn’t coming.

Don’t want a player that chooses the money of China over Prem football. Shows a massive lack of drive and hunger to me.

Watch him spend 6 months trying to avoid injury

Jamo
    Participant

Twitter Rumour that WBA are back in for Sakho at £15m with Berahino coming other way on loan with a view to a permanent next year.

I love rumours like this

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

Like for like in terms of destructive personalities 😛

Jamo
        Participant

Maybe.

But I’d like to think Berahinho is young enough to have made a mistake that he can learn from. If it were a loan deal it would be the perfect opportunity to see his attitude without committing to him.

Sahko on the other hand seems to have used up a number of chances already.

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

😵

Jamo
      Participant

Must be a right back (Wolves lad?)

Guess that means no other striker.

Jamo
    Participant

Hart to Torino is confirmed

Hopefully Wilshire will go to Roma too. Like to see English players give it a go abroad.

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Just heard from ExWHUemployee and surprisingly the deal for Richards has some legs and is on at this stage. Also, we are talking to Wolves.

TheQuietMan
    Participant

We are currently in talks with 3 right backs. Dominic Iorfa from Wolves, Richards from Villa and Debuchy from arsenal.

Iorfa is my bet to be a West Ham player come the end of the day.

Richard is versatile but also comes with big wages and a history of injuries.

blank
    Participant

If Richards has come from nowhere to be a target does that mean Ogbonna is out the door?

Provides cover for both right and central defence?

If so I wish we hadn’t sent Burke out on loan

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

I would be very surprised if Ogbonna goes. No time to get in a replacement. Richards is seen as a RB target. However, it now looks like Arbeloa is our man subject to the rumoured medical going through.

TheQuietMan
    Participant

We are looking to loan Valencia out with a £2m fee and wages paid. Problem is getting him to accept it as he rejected a pay raise at Villa after a £13m bid was accepted.

Bilic has finally come to terms Antonio is a winger and that’s why we are in for a Right Back.

Craig Podevin

What would everyone think of Arbeloa? I know he’s old but I think he’s free, great experience in the Prem AND La Liga… could offer a lot to the youngsters and be great cover

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

Looks like he’s the man booked in at Spire Roding! The ‘insider’ has just confirmed that a world cup winning defender is on his way.

Ben Cooper
        Keymaster

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

Would we let Enner go without a replacement lined up? Could be an interesting evening.

Craig Podevin

Luka Belic to Motherwell will be a good move for the youngster for some competitive first team football. I’m interested to see how he develops!

Great news on Arbeloa, as I said earlier I’m happy with the signing!

Fingers are also crossed that Everton will gamble with Valencia (he’s in S America at the moment meaning a medical wouldn’t be possible I assume)

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Arbeloa deal done. A wealth of experience, lucky Sam Byram, what a mentor.

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Tune in to phoenix FM for the deadline special. The Sullivan boys just hinted on something possibly happening in the next hour.

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Enner deal done. Everton on loan with an option to buy.

ExWHUEmployee
    Keymaster

So was everyone happy with the window on the whole?

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

Delighted. Some very good additions who provide lots of options, but more importantly we kept our best players. It was sad to see Tomkins go but it was a good move for him, he can be a hero there. Following the radio show comments on Zaza, I’m looking forward to seeing him play.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.