EUROPA DRAW

Home Forum General discussion EUROPA DRAW

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  JackSullivanCOYI 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

stevo
    Participant

any idea when the draw for the Europa league is when west ham come into it cheers ?

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

The draw for the third qualifying round will be held on 15 July 2016. The first legs will be played on 28 July, and the second legs will be played on 4 August 2016.

mhabridge
    Participant

Does anyone know what will happen if we get drawn at home for the first leg?

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Interesting question, perhaps they will request a switch. A few teams did this in the previous round.

mhabridge
    Participant

Thats why i believe they would do, this gives us an advantage if so as playing 2nd leg at home is always easy (as we are seeded we should win both games easy but this is west ham haha)

spyinthesky
      Participant

I think that is what they have already requested though even that is going to be a close run thing.

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Let’s hope it is not Astra Fc again!

Brian Knox
      Participant

Astra are in the 3rd qualifying round of the Champions League so techncially if we get through to the Playoff Rd and they get knocked out we could face them at that point, depends on the seeding.

mhabridge
    Participant

Theres some interesting unseeded teams in the group, id love a little trip to Gibraltar, the 1 football ground they have and the airport that has a road through the middle of it! haha

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

A trip to Copenhagen would be good.

mhabridge
    Participant

Expensive beer up there! haha

spyinthesky
    Participant

Interesting, I had thought that they had requested to hold the second leg at home however I have heard nothing further since, though I note I read something only yesterday re the seating where it was stating that it had to be back in football mode by 4 Aug and that as it is taking around 10 days at the moment it would mean it would be completed by the 3rd if it encountered no unexpected problems. However as they have had problems all along and urgently seeking input to try to solve them and cut the time between transformation this could (almost literally) be a roller coaster ride, in particular if it turn out it was required by 28th July which looks completely unmanageable. Massive cost implications that will be another ‘scandel’ if it does fail to work out.

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Here’s the result! What do you think?
    Who will be making the journey?
    OLAS! COYI

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

whufc-19856
    Participant

Assuming that we win our tie, we will go into the group stages won’t we? Just reading something posted in this lost that mentions a playoff round

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.