ExWHUemployee Q & A 14th August 2016

Home Forum Live Q & A ExWHUemployee Q & A 14th August 2016

This topic contains 70 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  liamcheek11 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Hello and welcome to tonight’s live Q&A.

Please post your questions forĀ ExWHUemployee here, this session will run for approximately 30 minutes (ending at 22:00).

The general rules for the forum can be found here, enjoy the Q & A!.

PedroObiang
    Participant

Hi, are we still interested in Ante Coric of Zagreb?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

There has been some interest in him and a couple of other younger Croatian players because of Bilic’s obvious links.

aldo2016
    Participant

ex, are we interested in bringing another striker in this window, and if so does the depend on selling one of or both of enner valencia and diafra sakho?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

If we can sell either of those players and they hope to sell both (Sakho more so out of the two) than I would imagine we will go for another forward yes. I still wouldn’t rule out Benteke myself.

PedroObiang
    Participant

what does Bilic see as Ayew’s best position?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I think he sees his best position as just behind the main forward. He will also be used on the wing and as the sole forward at times. It is this flexibility that mean he was more preferred over Bacca

Rozza56
    Participant

Any idea who the midfielder bilic has said we want to sign is?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

There are a couple of potential ones at the moment, none are particularly close.

Rozza56
    Participant

Is Valencia still for sale or has he gotten in to bilic’s plans?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

He is still for sale but they want almost what they paid for him and if they don’t get it they are in no rush to sell

matrixhammer
    Participant

Hi ex, Do you think the art of proper defending is now almost a thing of the past, seems to be a lack of real cb partnerships across Europe and the defending full back is now nowhere to be seen!

Hope we start with a real dm tomorrow, Nordtveit to start for me possibly at the expense of Kouyate (save for Europa game).

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Yeah I think defending has been weakened a lot by rule changes it is a different art now. I think both will play tomorrow.

Dan Chapman
    Participant

Hi Ex,

I know you said on your radio show that we are happy with our forward options. But, is there a chance that we are just looking for the best deal in the striker department?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I think if Sakho or Valencia went we would bring in another forward. It could be one of those deadline day last minute things and we have some very exciting news for the radio station for deadline day! You wont get better!

JackRian27
        Participant

Is the news transfer related?

Dan Chapman
        Participant

If Sakho, Enner or both do leave, do you know who our targets would now be? Also, Will this news on the radio show be transfer related?

PedroObiang
    Participant

Are any more youngsters going to go out on loan as the likes of Cullen and pask are doing well?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Yes, Bilic and Henry etc very much believe this is the best policy for the youngsters. I think a couple more will go in the next few weeks.

jloucas
    Participant

Is there any truth to the Pereya links and if so are we close?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

No this was being exaggerated elsewhere. We had an interest at the start of the window and should he be available for a possible loan move we would have been interested but there has been no move for him recently.

zippo
    Participant

Do we have a option to buy calleri?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

It is a complicated one as his ownership is shared amongst different clubs. So I think we would have first “option” when the deal expires but that is slightly different to having a fee already agreed.

Rozza56
    Participant

Will masuaku start tomorrow?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I would think so yes as he has been training fully with the squad and is at match fitness

Iron Reader
    Participant

Hi ex , do you think we will go in for aboubakar of Porto?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

This is someone that we have scouted a number of times and I mentioned his name at the start of the window as a target but until Valencia and/or Sakho goes there wont be any forward moves yet.

Iron Reader
    Participant

is Valencia definitely going to leave ?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I cant say either way but the club want him to (although obviously this wont be publically said)

ChrisB
    Participant

Hi Ex, are any more youngsters likely to join? Is there still interest in Tyrese Campbell? Also, is there any more news on another potential feeder club? Weren’t we linked with Bilic’s old club in Croatia a couple of months ago? Thanks

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Yes I think we may bring in one more although interest in Campbell seems to have died down. Yes we have had discussions with Bilic’s old club and it was getting close to being formalised.

ChrisB
        Participant

Thanks Ex. When you say ‘was close getting close to being formalised’ does that mean it is no longer happening? Thanks

taptapboom
    Participant

We need a forward, how is the situation looking? & who are the most likely candidates?
    Also will Antonio still be playing at RB??

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

It will depend on players leaving but I have a sneaky feeling that Benteke will be approached if he is still available then. I don’t know the team for tomorrow. All I know is that it will be “very hard” for Chelsea to predict

JackRian27
    Participant

Obviously Bilic ruled out Lacazette 100% but there has been some other news from French reports since then… Is this just a load of rubbish?

taptapboom
    Participant

Lacazette scored a hat trick today, will we go back in for him? Even though Bilic has said otherwise???

Iron Reader
    Participant

Do you think sakho should change in attitude help him stay and sell only Valencia ?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I think Sakho is the one the club most want to get rid of regardless of a change of attitude.

WALDO81
    Participant

To me looking from the outside looking in has there been a little bit of a falling out at boardroom level about our transfer policy?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

There has been some split decisions yes. Although David Sullivan does most of the transfer business and has ultimate say.

WALDO81
        Participant

Interesting is this directly with DG and is it Sully who was looking to push through with a deal??

liamcheek11
    Participant

Hi ex, any truth to the apparent interest in Lorenzo insigne of Napoli?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I don’t think so no Liam

liamcheek11
        Participant

Cheers for the response and all updates mate, much appreciated

WALDO81
    Participant

Is there any news or movement on transfers??

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Some enquiries going in for players but don’t think any are that close at the moment

taptapboom
    Participant

Has there been any approaches regarding Martin odegaard??

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

We would be keen should he be available and willing to come to us but I think there are a number of clubs that are interested in him.

taptapboom
    Participant

Any chance we’d go for Burke of nott’m forest??

taptapboom
    Participant

Can I go to bed??

JackRian27
    Participant

Is the news on the radio show on deadline day that you mentioned to do with transfers?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

It is to do with the guest that we have on. We are going to do a 2 hour show from 9pm to the closing at 11pm with me and at least another guest on. You wont want to be anywhere else on deadline day.

JackRian27
        Participant

You tease Ex… Can’t wait!

zippo
    Participant

Are we close to selling someone? Obiang?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Not at this point.

zippo
        Participant

Thank you for answering…hopefully obiang will stay and get enough playing time

taptapboom
    Participant

Any enquiries for balotelli?

kernow
    Participant

Evening Ex, do you think Burke will be retained as cover or do you see him departing on loan again?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

It is a tough one as Bilic wants to keep him however Reece has said he wants to play regularly and he has 5 loan offers from Championship clubs in for him so Bilic will need to convince him that he will get game time to keep him like he plans

aldo2016
    Participant

have their been anymore bids or enquiries for enner or sakho recently?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

No. Valencia’s were far off our evaluations and none for Sakho since he failed the medical and isn’t fit.

taptapboom
    Participant

What’s the thoughts within the club regarding our English players, will any of them get a look?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Yes they will, the English players or those that were trained in England will have to be in the squad more now because of the regulations

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

And that concludes the Q & A.
    Thank you to all who got their questions in. See you again next time. In the meantime, please enjoy the rest of the forum.

COYI

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Thank you! Katie S will turn this into an article now! Thanks a lot

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.