ExWHUemployee Q & A 31st July 2016

Home Forum Live Q & A ExWHUemployee Q & A 31st July 2016

This topic contains 57 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  ExWHUEmployee 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Hello and welcome to tonight’s live Q&A following ExWHUemployee’s transfer update which can be read here.

ExWHUEmployee Column: Exclusive Transfer Update

Please post your questions for ExWHUemployee in this thread. This session will run for approximately 30 minutes (ending at 23:30).

The general rules for the forum can be found here, enjoy the Q & A!.

General rules

COYI

Rozza56
    Participant

Any info on possible Gomez deal?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

We did show some interest but is wages are extremely high and he is seen as very similar to Carroll. Think he may be off somewhere else now anyway.

Merlin118
    Participant

Does Bacca have a decision deadline? Thought Milan made today his deadline to leave, otherwise he has to stay

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I don’t think so as such, Milan are hurrying him for a decision and obviously we would like one soon. He is running out of options.

ExWHUEmployee
    Keymaster

Hey Ex

Would West Ham consider Giroud and do you think our fans will be happy once the window shuts?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Great question. I would like to think so but I do get the feeling that some of our fans are never happy no matter what.

ExWHUEmployee
        Keymaster

Haha I agree…..would we consider Giroud then?

billyboylan5
    Participant

Is Andre Ayew happy that West Ham United want to sign him and would he happily join us?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Yes, he wanted to join us originally last year but Swansea offered far more money and then he went for that but he is keen to move and his agent has strong links with us.

taptapboom
    Participant

What happened to the 2 secret players we were trying to sign? Was one of them James Rodrigues??

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

One of them joined another club for a large fee as was expected and the other is now looking unlikely to happen unfortunately, both were very bold attempts anyway.

stevo
    Participant

do you think ex we might get some deals done this week one way or another ?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

The club aim to have some confirmed certainly before the Chelsea game

Iron Reader
    Participant

Are we looking into a potential right back cover say Isla ??

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Not at the moment, priority in other positions but perhaps towards the end of the window this could change. Especially depending on the performances of Antonio and Byram in that time.

GS
    Participant

What is the liklihood that the Ayew and callieri deals will be wrapped up this week? Also is there no joy with mandzukic?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

The club are hopeful, at the moment Juventus want too much for him and there are other targets ahead in the order.

ExWHUEmployee
    Keymaster

Also, any chance of a sneak preview of the third kit? Worth a try 🙂

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I dare not show it as I get in trouble but another account tweeted a very very similar one earlier

Rozza56
    Participant

Are we still in for a new midfielder?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Not a priority position at the moment

Lettuce25
    Participant

Hey Ex great column as per usual. Few questions regarding English players. Will we fulfill our quota or do we need English additions. Also the Swedish left Back Ludwig Augusstion. Is the interest concret?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I think we should be Ok with the youngsters who will be involved now (Burke, Oxford etc) and yes there is interest but I don’t think he is the top target at the moment due to no Prem experience.

Brian Knox
    Participant

Ex it seems that Bilic is adamant that Antonio will be playing right back this season. If his performances continue to suffer do you think he will revisit the decision not to add another right back before the window closes possibly on loan?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

You would hope so mate, as I think we are all extremely worried but at the moment his intention is Antonio will be the right back.

Rozza56
    Participant

Is Oxford happy to stay and fight for his place in the team?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Hard to judge, think his head has been swayed by other clubs interest and we really need to convince him that his future remains here.

Lettuce25
    Participant

Can you clarify the lingo between Payet and Ayew. I seem to remember there being tension between them. If Ayew goes ahead will they explore Jordan Ayew as a signing.

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I think they had a small falling out at Marseille but this has been cleared up now. We have been interested in Jordan too. I suspect we could revisit it in the future at some point.

TheQuietMan
    Participant

What’s the story with Oxford & the rumour he’s trying to force more first team chances. Despite his potenial he isn’t exactly commanding a place yet.

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Yeah, there are a lot of big clubs interested. I took a lot of stick for saying United had launched a bid a while back but that wasn’t far off the mark despite what people tried to imply at the time. I think his head isn’t in a great place and we need to persuade him his future is here

Iron Reader
    Participant

Hi ex , what striker is more likely to sign benteke or bacca ??

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Hard to say as I think Benteke depends on whether Bacca signs. So I guess Bacca at this point as he hasn’t ruled out a move yet.

Brian Knox
    Participant

Ex, any developments in new contracts for Reece Burke and Reece Oxford?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Neither have signed a new one. Burke is more essential as his has less time but the club are trying to persuade both to sign one.

Merlin118
    Participant

What actually happened behind the scenes when the club (Jack Sullivan) believed Bacca would give his response within 48 hours and then never did? I can imagine the board were very frustrated

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Bacca’s agent said he would but then he decided to keep his options open. As the club don’t wish to lose Bacca potentially they were willing to extend the wait period

aldo2016
    Participant

Are we looking at an right backs ex? if so, do you know any of the potential targets?

Cockneyboy76
    Participant

I personally think Benteke would do a decent job for us!! In your column you stated that DG was a big fan but does that mean Slav don’t fancy him or is it simply to do with the fee & wages involved??

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Slav does rate him yeah but the reason it didn’t happen earlier was due to wages and fee etc but seeing as no club has matched his demands yet despite strong interest from Palace for example these may lower. When the chairman discuss forwards, DG always puts Benteke’s name in there

aldo2016
    Participant

How many more players would your say we are looking to bring in ex? also, any idea of the sort of budget we have left now to spend?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I don’t think there is a set budget say (within reason) it depends on what players are available. So for example if Lacazette suddenly became available for £35m we would sign despite having already bought Ayew for £20m etc I think it is player specific rather than overall budget (within reason obviously)

Merlin118
    Participant

Now that both ‘surprise’ targets aren’t going to happen, can you reveal who they were?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I will do one day but seeing as there are a lot of 15 year olds determined to say I make things up, I would rather just leave their names for another day as they wont happen now I don’t think.

taptapboom
    Participant

Are we looking at Shweinsteiger??

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Age, wages and position probably means it is unlikely, although personally I rate the guy

taptapboom
    Participant

All I’m seeing on here mate is about rb’s please tell Dave we need one 😔

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

They know trust me, but Slav is the manager

midamode
    Participant

Hello Ex,
    Islam Slimani is available and his agent said he received 3 offers.
    is west ham one of them ?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I think we did enquire but have other options ahead of him at this point

Iron Reader
    Participant

Hi ex does you think we could sign a left back this week ?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Yes I do, well the club want them done by the Chelsea game so either this week or next!

JackRian27
    Participant

Was the surprise target that has gone elsewhere for big money Mario Gotze by any chance?

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

And that concludes the Q & A.
    Thank you to all who got their questions in. See you again next time. In the meantime, please enjoy the rest of the forum.

COYI

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Thank you everyone! It was great to read the questions. Please start to use the forum more and I and others from the site will try and interact more with the threads. COYI

The topic ‘ExWHUemployee Q & A 31st July 2016’ is closed to new replies.