ExWHUemployee Q & A 17th July 2016

Home Forum Live Q & A ExWHUemployee Q & A 17th July 2016

This topic contains 142 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  Ben Cooper 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Hello and welcome to our first live Q&A.

Please post your questions for ExWHUemployee here.

First time posters will go through a quick verification and offensive language will be filtered.

COYI

Rozza56
    Participant

Do you know if we’re interested in Islam Slimani?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

We have been in the past yes but I don’t think so at this point

clarky89
    Participant

Ex how long have we given bacca to make up his mind?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I dont think a deadline has been set but I we will certainly push for an answer next week

billyboylan5
    Participant

So what’s the latest situation on Bacca?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

As it has been for a number of days. Offer in, he is considering (hoping for other clubs to come in). We are hoping we can persuade him

hammer4life
    Participant

What has happened to the surprise signing which is being kept under wraps? Any progress?

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

ExWHUemployee : Some progress but they are both very very ambitious so it will take a masterstroke to pull off.

Talliss
    Participant

With us looking for a top quality forward could we already of signed one in Toni Martinez it Ashley fletcher?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Some progress but they are both very very ambitious so it will take a masterstroke to pull off.

Talliss
        Participant

Thanks for the reply, would really love to see a young striker starting for us up top next season

TexasHammer
      Participant

From what I saw at the Sounders game Martinez has a long way to go.

Talliss
        Participant

Just hope we do get a striker who can score us a lot of goals, felt like last season we were relying on our midfield a bit too much

ChrisB
    Participant

Really like what the club have been doing with the youth team. Are there any more youth signings in the pipeline? Have heard we’re interested in Tyrese Campbell from Man City, is that one true?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

We were interested in him and a player from Arsenal. We will be making a number of new youth team player signings and they could be some of them. It is a great policy.

bishbashbosh7
    Participant

Hi Ex, are the club still hopeful on the Bacca deal or are they assuming this is now dead in the water and moving onto other targets?

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

ExWHUemployee: Still hoping, this does not mean we have stood still though and we have one offer accepted elsewhere and seven other bids on the table

Grizzly
    Participant

With so many fans on the ST waiting list do you know if the club is still looking to increase the capacity? If so do you know how many it may be possible to hold?

Rozza56
    Participant

Any news on calleri or Ben yedder?

irishiron
    Participant

Ex what position does our secret signing play?

and in your opinion is the deal possible?

Love the idea of a surprise snatch and grab as you desribed in an earlier daily article

TheQuietMan
    Participant

How solid is the interest/bids for Sakho & valencia? Both in their own ways have more or less sealed moves away, just unfortunate that valencia has flopped & Sakho has had a mental breakdown.

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

We have had solid offers but they have not met our evaluations yet.

Rozza56
    Participant

Any truth in James Rodriguez links?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

This would be an extremely ambitious signing

taptapboom
        Participant

This must be the secret signing 😭 If offers have been submitted recently & rumours only surfacing recently…
        No smoke without fire!

westhamdan16
    Participant

Hello Mr Ex, Do you think Ben Yedder is somebody that we will actually manage to get over the line?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Hi mate! Decent chance IMO but can never be certain.

taptapboom
    Participant

Why are we trying to sign a LB when we don’t have a solid RB?! puzzles me so much!

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Bilic sees Antonio as his right back and believes he can make him the best in the country. We also have Byram and Nordveit who can play there. We only have Cresswell and young Page at the moment for left back.

hammer4life
    Participant

Are we working at offering Samuelsen Burke and Oxford new deals?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Yes mate but both do not technically need them yet but it is to stop other club’s interest.

Iron Reader
    Participant

Hi ex , how many towards will we sign if sakho and Valencia leave ?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I would guess 3 but an absolute minimum of 2

Iron Reader
    Participant

Hi ex , do we want Mandzukic he would be a great signing ?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Bilic is obviously very aware of him and has put his name forward in recent days.

payet3104
    Participant

Evening ex, any idea when the season tickets are being sent out?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I am not sure, I have not heard his name for ages so I guess not.

Mjolnir
    Participant

Is Fekir still on the radar?

Benji
    Participant

Hi, are there any plans to replace the remaining black seats within the stadium to claret/blue?

payet3104
    Participant

Your a legend mate, love the columns and keep up the good work you do for your followers and for the club.

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Thanks a lot I appreciate you saying.

bishbashbosh7
    Participant

Any more news on our interest in Rico Henry . Do you think it will happen ?

Dan Chapman
    Participant

Who was the player that we had a bid accepted for?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

A very good forward who I have covered in my columns

bishbashbosh7
    Participant

Are Gabriel Barbosa and Baston Borja strikers we have a real interest in ?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I do not think so

Markus
      Participant

What’s the plan for Doniel Henry? I believe he could be a top player in the future but he needs playing time, and he won’t get any here. Any chance he’ll be loaned out if that injury he sustained in Carolina wasn’t too bad?

JackRian27
    Participant

Have we completely given up on Lacazette now? I know you said before that Lyon were too difficult to deal with!

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I think so yes. Lyon seem determined not to accept our bid and I don’t think he wants to come anyway.

Markus
    Participant

Hopefully you haven’t been asked this question already, but is James the “mystery player” you mentioned a few articles back that you said we’d be putting a bid in for and it was unlikely we’d sign them, but you had to keep quiet?

Also, are there any plans to sign a new defender? When I look at our potential starting 11 the defense is the area that need the most improvement. Thanks for all you do Ex!!!

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I can not say either way I am afraid. I think we will sign a left back and remember we have the two Reece’s who can play centre back as well as the three first team ones plus Kouyate and Harvard who can too.

whitehorse
    Participant

I know you’ve said the club aren’t interested in Berahino because they think his attitude isn’t right but with a contract he wants and if he agrees to come to us then surely I can’t see why he’d be a problem and he’s proven already. Could this be a possibility?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Last I was told was no he will not join us. I guess if we run out of options we could turn to him but I think the club would rather sign other players.

TexasHammer
      Participant

The last thing we need is for Berahino to become a little cry baby like Sakho has become IMO. Also I think he’d start whining cause he’d be coming off the bench and hardly getting first team football.

Iron Reader
    Participant

Ex are we interested in a central defender ?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I do not think so as we believe we have enough cover there.

alex.standish
    Participant

Hi ex! Just wondering who the 2nd striker we’ve had an offer accepted for is? The one the clubs itk mentioned in his column. Rumours flying around that it is Mandzukic? Thankyou

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I think it is another forward but he has certainly came into the mix recently

hammer4life
    Participant

Any interest in Bony?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Yes there is but he is not one of the top targets at the moment.

Iron Reader
    Participant

Heard we want Ryan shawcross , is this true ?

alex.standish
    Participant

Is Javier Hernandez someone on our list of targets?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Last year we massively wanted him. He was the top target. I do not think we have go back this year.

taptapboom
    Participant

Has DS looked into players you’ve suggested??

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

He has never looked at ones I have suggested because I do not have a great knowledge. I speak to the Sullivan’s about players and who I think we should get but they do not really pay attention ha. They do to some of my close mates though, which is handy for me!

taptapboom
    Participant

Have we looked at Gabriel Jesus?

Iron Reader
    Participant

The other striker is babacar right ?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

He is a target but I do not think it is him

taptapboom
    Participant

We ever looked at Grealish?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

When he first broke onto the scene because the Sullivans are close to his agent but they do not believe he is good enough now

alex.standish
    Participant

Is the ‘other striker’ Mario Gomez? Someone you have mentioned in previous columns but I recall his wages being the stumbling block

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

No it is not him. Again he is a target but yes as I said his wages are extremely high.

Dan Chapman
    Participant

I would imagine it is Ben Yedder that we have had a bid accepted for then?

Are we in for a new Goalkeeper 😉

Iron Reader
    Participant

Atiba Hutchinson ? Josip ilicic?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Hutchinson we bid for but they wanted too much. Nothing on the other fella.

taptapboom
    Participant

Do you think we’d go in for Alan Halilovic again? Bilic would make him the next luka modric

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Not at the moment no but things could change as Bilic really rates him but for now we have other targets.

matrixhammer
    Participant

Hi Ex, do you think we have been overly ambitious in the striker hunt and the fact bids have been made public has disappointed the fans?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

We have been extremely ambitious but if you do not shoot, you do not score. The same may have been said about Payet.

Iron Reader
    Participant

Can you give us a clue to the striker we’ve had a bid accepted for ? Ex are we close to anyone?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

He has been covered extensively in my column and now this thread.

MBryant91
        Participant

Gonna guess it’s Ben Yedder

taptapboom
        Participant

Calleri?…

MBryant91
        Participant

One of those 2 I reckon. Has to be.

taptapboom
    Participant

Mario götze an option? Could get him cheap for a World Cup winner, 30-40m

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Well this is brilliant! Thanks to everyone for getting involved.
    We will go for another 15 mins so get those questions in!

Rozza56
    Participant

are we still interested in Icardi?

alex.standish
    Participant

How much spending money does the club actually have? A rough estimate?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

This sounds like I am avoiding an answer but it does depend on what we can get. If we suddenly had a bid for Lacazette accepted then it would be a lot higher than it is now for example.

Iron Reader
    Participant

Benteke ? Alacer? Bakambu ?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

There was in Benteke but not anymore and none in the other two.

Bunn80
    Participant

Any interest in bony?

hammer4life
    Participant

Who is telling the truth? The Sun or Payet’s agent?

Gabber987
    Participant

What has been the club’s reaction to the fairly poor fan opinion on the kit launch? It was awful and cringeworthy…

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I have only spoke to a couple of people about it and they were not directly involved. I will know more tomorrow.

Talliss
    Participant

If a bid for Ben yedder has been accepted, will he want to play for us or will he be like bacca and demand too much?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I cant say for certain because I do not know what other clubs will do and I have never spoke to Ben Yedder. He isn’t as high profile I guess as Bacca and does not play for as big a club so I guess there should be more chance of getting him.

bishbashbosh7
    Participant

Hi Ex, Are the club intending to extend Bilics deal anytime soon ?

mjb1979
    Participant

Hi Ex! Will you be travelling to the Europa League away leg?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I doubt it but Baz will be and he will take the West Ham Way Tv with him. He will do a programme on it and interview the fans, we are excited about his involvement now.

taptapboom
    Participant

In order for the club to get a world class striker, I think we’ve got to stop trying to be smart and put money where the mouth is.
    What’s your thoughts???

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

In some ways but it is not that easy. There is a wage budget to stick in so you do not upset many other players.

Iron Reader
    Participant

What are our chances of signing Mandzukic , bacca and Ben yedder? Do we want another attacking midfielder to ?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Hard to say with all three but certainly we want the first two and possibly the third but that depends on whether we sign the first two I guess ha.

Gabber987
    Participant

What’s happening with Sakho? Is he being fined? Hope we ship him abroad so it doesn’t come back to haunt us

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

We want him to leave. We will cover this a lot in our radio show this Wednesday on Phoenix 98fm

alex.standish
    Participant

Would the ambitious ‘smash and grab’ deal be very expensive for the club? Or is the unlikeliness simply down to the high calibre of the player

danjw17
    Participant

Realistically, how many forwards are we looking to sign if sakho and Valencia depart the club?

irishiron
    Participant

How many positions will we sign players for?

Left back and 2 strikers or any more?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Yeah and probably one more midfielder.

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Just time for a couple more!

Cockneyboy76
    Participant

Evening Ex!! Great Q&A!! If you were a betting man who would say will be our striker signing and also should we be worried about the retractable seating situation?? Cheers mate!!

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Not sure at moment but Calleri and Ben Yedder would be tips and its a concern but should be fixed.

sharkhammer
    Participant

Hey Ex, after all the movement and we sign strikers and a cover left back are we all done and dusted or could there be a suprise signing at the death of the window?
    Thanks as always for your immense effort

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

With DS anything is possible and as I have said there is some extremely ambitious targets. There is also a domino affect with transfers so by the end of the window there could be new players available who were not before.

Iron Reader
    Participant

Do we want another attacking midfielder ?

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Could be yeah. There are a couple on the list.

lbutler91
    Participant

Hi ex , was told about a South American who’s had his papers agreed , and has been in personal contact with ds . Wasn’t told who the player was but he’s South American . Can you shed any light on this . Cheers

alex.standish
    Participant

Are we at all interested in another attacking midfielder?

westhamdan16
    Participant

Do you think we will be taking the Europa league seriously this year? I would love to stay in until at least the group stages. I mean, we did beat 1 of last years finalists 3 times last season. 😉

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

I think we will take it seriously and use it to play fringe players as well.

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

That should do it people. Thanks to all who got involved with our first live Q & A. See you all next time!

COYI

ExWHUEmployee
      Keymaster

Thanks a lot for that everyone. We will do this again. Jack Sullivan and some of our Ex Players have agreed to do the same for us so it should be a regular feature. Also make sure you check out our radio show on Wednesday where lots of this will be covered in more detail. Phoenix 98fm Wednesday evening at 8 but we will put it on the site too.

Hammerpat
    Participant

Just like to thank Ben for sorting out my issue with my password. Cheers

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

No problem mate, enjoy the forum.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.