First 11 of the 2016/17 Season

Home Forum General discussion First 11 of the 2016/17 Season

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jamo 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

kernow
    Participant

OK someone had to submit this as a topic given our wealth of options, so here goes with 2nd guessing Slav’s starting 11 on Monday….
    Adrian, Fuka, Ogbonna, Reid, Antonio, Kouyate, Noble, Nordvelt, Fenghouli, Ayew, Carroll ….Payet, Collins, Byram, Obiang, Valencia, Oxford, all warming the bench.

Jamo
    Participant

As much as I’d like to debate it – I think you have it spot, that’s how I’d go anyway.

One of the biggest improvements we have seen in the last 12 months or so is the strength in depth. You look at each position and we have at least 2 decent options, and although I think Mondays team almost picks itself, when everyone is fully fit I think Slav has some great headaches in team selection.

GK – Adrian/Randolph.

LB – Fuka/Cresswell

CB – Reid, Collins, Ogbonna, Burke, Oxford

RB – Byram/Antonio. Probably our weakest position but still not losing sleep over it, especially as Fuka can play there too I think?

CM – Nordvelt, Kouyate, Obiang, Noble

AM – Payet, Tore, Feghouli, Ayew, Antonio if needed

FW – Carroll, Ayew, Sakho, Valencia, Fletcher

I don’t remember a squad with so many players that I wouldn’t mind in the starting 11. The times, they are a changing…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.