Forwards

Home Forum News and views Forwards

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  matrixhammer 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

whufc-19856
    Participant

So the drawn out saga of bringing in a new forward continues to last.

It appears that Bacca is dragging his heels in the hope they a bigger club comes in for him.

We seem to have set our sights on Ben Yedder. Personally don’t know much about him, so would appreciate it if someone could let us know what he is like.

If the Sakho news from yesterday is true,& the Valencia rumours increase, we could end up with just one senior forward at the club.

Surely we would need to sign 2 forwards, not just the one.

I can’t see Remy getting much game time for Chelsea this season.

If Big Sam gets the England job, will Defoe become available?

Just a couple of names. Feel free to add more, discuss the people I’ve mentioned.

TheQuietMan
    Participant

The club are only looking to sign strikers better than our current ones. So Remy is ruled out but Calleri is lined up.
    The calibre of striker the club want is high & even though I’m a realist I find myself having to look beyond that. I prefer younger strikers with high quality & potential so they can make a name with us rather than make their name & having to spend 10s of millions on then.
    Gabriel Barbosa fits that bill however as his reputation grows so does his value.
    Borja Baston (23) had a great season last year scoring 18 goals while on loan. Athletico Madrid have pushed him down the pecking order & would sell for around €15m.

prof
    Participant

It’s hard to understand (up front) what’s going on up front.
    Forget ChewBacca, Lacazette and all of the big money merchants. Perm any two from Berardi, Calleri and Ben Yedder.
    That’s as up front as I can be at the moment.

spyinthesky
      Participant

I do hope we don’t miss out on attainable players like Ben Yedder because we have taken too long to get around to him with greater aspirations elsewhere. Because other teams with a higher achievement level than us will be sniffing around too after doing (or not doing) deals earlier too. Timing is everything as we found out with Lacazette who was attainable back in Jan at £22m.

dixiedean
    Participant

I get the feeling that Bacca and Calleri will be in the Claret and Blue by next week, a lot of people are questioning spending that money on Bacca at nearly 30 years old, but i feel he is the immediate step up in class that will take us up a level, maybe not top 4 level, but consolidate top 6 level.

West Ham Fan No 32
    Participant

I think of those mentioned by the Quiet man Callieri is a bit of a punt, would be happy enough to see it, likewise Ben Yedder looks decent and should fit into the Bilic athletic all action mould, Borja Baston also has a lot of promise, all of these look like punts but probably with where we are in our development they could come good, another name I have heard mentioned was Luuk De Jong who scored a lot of goals last season mostly with his head, if we were looking for someone to replace Carroll we could do a lot worse than that guy as he is a better finisher and also not injured all the time.

matrixhammer
    Participant

If Mahrez joins Arsenal is Campbell worth the risk?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.