Carlos Bacca

Home Forum News and views Carlos Bacca

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Richemagehtjr 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Brian Knox
    Participant

West Ham United are reportedly offering €30m for Milan striker Carlos Bacca.

The Colombian joined the Rossoneri from Sevilla last summer, and scored 18 goals in his first season in Serie A.

However, with the Diavolo missing out on Europe again for the coming season, it has been suggested he could leave the club.

According to Gianluca Di Marzio’s website, the Hammers are offering €30m for Bacca and the deal will be closed if Milan accept in the next few days.

If not, there could be competition from Atletico Madrid, who have made an offer to Chelsea for Diego Costa.

Costa is Coach Diego Simeone’s first choice, but the club will turn their attentions to Bacca if that deal hits a dead-end.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Ben Cooper.

prof
    Participant

Bacca clearly wants to be back in Spain. Playing hardball with DS is generally counter-productive. If it is true that we have a raft of other striker offers on the go, keep stringing Bacca along to keep the attention away from the other potential deals, then dump him as soon as one comes through.

TheQuietMan
    Participant

I think the club may see him as the last hope of a big signing but all the messing about & his the cost of the deal for a player of his age is off putting.
    It wouldn’t bother me if we didn’t sign a big name striker but a striker that gets the job done (15-20 goals) something I think Calleri will bring.

Richemagehtjr
    Participant

I really rate Bacca, however If he didn’t sign it’s not the end of the world.

I still think there are a fair few strikers out there who can massively improve us.
    Benteke would do very well for us in the set-up we currently have.

Not the worst back up option behind Bacca at all.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.