Left back

Home Forum General discussion Left back

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Tavender 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Today we received the sad news that our Hammer of the year, 2015, Aaron Cresswell will be ruled out of action for up to four months. Best of luck in your recovery Aaron.

The club were in the market for a backup left back, possibly a youngster. However, now with the injury it would seem that we should look at a more experienced option. But perhaps the club should try to avoid a quick fix and get someone in who can challenge for the place.

SteveWalford
    Participant

Charlie Taylor would still be a brilliant buy for us

Have we completely moved away from him as a potential target?

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

Based on last nights SDCC radio show, it would seem that experience is now the priority.

Jamo
    Participant

In an ideal world we’d get a left back that can also play right back, that way when Cresswell comes back we have someone that can cover Antonio should he not improve in the way Slav thinks he can.

I’m hoping the club have a better knowledge of world footballers than me (probably not that difficult), as I can’t think of one that would attainable.

Has Philip Lahm got any younger brothers?…

spyinthesky
    Participant

Not clear why people don’t see Byram as our first choice right Back, its what he was bought for after all and would certainly be better than Antonio there, even if he isn’t immediately the top quality we might like. But then if he doesn’t get game time at 22 he never will improve.

Tavender
      Participant

Byram will move into right back I believe now that we have signed a new left back, then we can push Antonio forward and I think he will play left wing hence why Billic played him there on Sunday vs Juve

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.