Milan enter mix for Gomez

Home Forum News and views Milan enter mix for Gomez

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brian Knox 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

Brian Knox
    Participant

AC Milan have joined the fight to sign Mario Gomez from Fiorentina, Italian outlet Corriere dello Sport reports.

The 30-year-old German has been heavily linked with a move to West Ham in recent weeks, with Napoli, Wolfsburg, and Besiktas where he spent last year on loan also looking at the option of adding the striker to their side.

The report mentions that Gomez doesn’t want to move permanently to Besiktas because of the security problems the country is currently having. Napoli are looking at him as a replacement for Gonzalo Higuain if he leaves the club this summer.

The German came up through the ranks of VfB Stuttgart, earning himself a move to Bayern Munich in 2009 for what was a record transfer fee at the time. He spent four successful seasons at the club, including the treble winning season in 2012/13, before joining Serie A side Fiorentina in 2013.

The striker is currently at Euro 2016 with Germany, and has scored twice for his country at the tournament.

West Ham have already made two first-team signings this transfer window, bringing in Havard Nordtveit from Borussia Monchengladbach and Sofiane Feghouli from Valencia and are believed to be closing in on the loan signing of Gokhan Tore from Besiktas.

dixiedean
    Participant

I am not sure we were really keen on Gomez TBH, if he goes to AC then that is another nail in Bacca’s coffin there i guess.
    I can see Bacca as the new priority signing, due to his age, the next striker will be a few years younger IMO, maybe Ben Yedder as a few are now stating, maybe even Berehino (sp) as part of a Sakho transfer?

Brian Knox
      Participant

I think the rumoured £145k a week Gomez is on at Fiorentina has put paid to any deal for him if we there was much interest at all

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.