Oxford to leave?

Home Forum News and views Oxford to leave?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ben Cooper 1 year ago.

• Author

hidetoshi
    Participant

Today I read lunchtime news (dinner time for me) and it says that Oxford wants to follow Rio Ferdinand and become a big success. Does it mean he want to play for Champions League team or make successes with West Ham?

Lunchtime news roundup: Oxford inspired by successful Ferdinand

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

It is hard to say. I would hope it is the former. He could become a club legend if he follows the trajectory many have predicted for him.

Craig Podevin

I would like to hope that he means with West Ham but of course it is everyone’s dream as a child to play for the biggest teams and to win the biggest trophies. As long as we get a few fantastic years service and a massive transfer fee for him, I don’t mind.

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Lunchtime news round up: Chelsea angered by ticket delay

I just uploaded the lunchtime news. The fourth story is interesting. However, I firmly believe that this is a piece of exceptionally poor and lazy journalism. The tweet could have been referring to anything, how on earth can they confirm its about what they say it is?

TheQuietMan
    Participant

If Oxford left to join Man U at this stage in his career I do believe it will have a negative effect. If he can’t break into our squad he certainly won’t get into theirs.
    There has been a few times this season I would have put him in, maybe over the next few weeks with Reid injured.

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

People forget how young he is! Would really like to see more though and I agree that a move now will likely hinder his future.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.