Player Awards 2016

Home Forum News and views Player Awards 2016

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Craig Podevin 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Craig Podevin

Well as you know the player awards for 2016 are coming up and although this year has been a bit of a negative, let’s think about the positive things that have happened to us on the pitch this season!

Goal of the season HAS to be Dimi v Middlesbrough, I can’t think of a better goal in this season as a whole.

Team performance of the year, I’d personally say was against Crystal Palace away. What do you think? Maybe Chelsea in the cup was a good one.

Save of the season, I can’t even think of one if I’m honest. Both of our goalkeepers have been a bit below par this year.

Hammer of the Year could either be Obiang or Kouyate in my opinion. Obiang come into a poor midfield and made it strong, when he comes off we lose all shape and all battle in the middle of the park and some of his first time balls have been phenomenal. Kouyate has been shifted back out to defence (which he doesn’t like), but has done the job and still looks the player from 2 years ago when we first bought him. He’s a great talent.

Young Hammer of the Year could be Martinez, he’s scored some great goals and always seems to get on the teamsheet. I don’t keep updated much with the youngsters, but a few of them have been standing out quite a bit. Ashley Fletcher would definitely be in with a shout if he had more goals to show for it.

So, who would you give what award to? Try to keep negativity to a minimum though!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.