Post Match reaction: West Ham vs Accrington Stanley

Home Forum Matchday Post Match reaction: West Ham vs Accrington Stanley

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jamo 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Wasn’t pretty at all but a win and a clean sheet is what we needed more than anything. This should hopefully give the team a bit of confidence going into Sunday’s game.

I think Obiang bought a calm protection to the defence which is something we have been severely lacking in recent games.

The inner stadium segregation has vastly improved which is a plus but there were still some reports of scuffles outside after.  I do worry about Chelsea as cup rules state they can bring up to 8500 so there really ought to be some separation outside the stadium too.

Well done to the visiting fans inside the stadium,  they made a long trip midweek and a lot of noise.  Their team gave it everything on the pitch and must be truly devastated to lose it in the final moments.

The big question is how bad is Masuaku’s injury and who will step in on Sunday? Has Joey O Brien found a club yet?

Jamo
    Participant

The 15% can be disregarded on safety grounds – however even if it were half that there will be problems.

As for the game, I despair at Calleri continuously being picked over Fletcher and can understand the frustrations of Oxford at not getting the call over Nordviet, although expressing it on Twitter with Browne was pathetic and seems like they could both do with better people around them.

The attendance was poor – you might think that many for a cup game against league 2 opposition is good, but we keep being told that there are 50k on the waiting list desperate for tickets. It seems they either weren’t quite as desperate as was suggested or the 50k number is fabricated.

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

Disregard Chelsea getting the allocation? What’s the reasoning there? Not that its relevant anyway as a crowd of 10 can cause problems.

40k on a weeknight against league 2 opposition is decent, regardless of the waiting list.

Jamo
    Participant

Police have final say on allocation, so if they believe having that many Chelsea fans there is a safety issue it doesn’t mater what cup rules say they can give a lower allocation – same reason we get given lower amount at Old Trafford for instance.

On the face of it I agree that 40 on a week night is good, but when you consider we are being told we have in excess of 100k wanting season tickets plus the fact that many of thos in attendance last night were freebie give aways then perhaps not as good as it first looks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.