Post Match Reaction: Manchester city vs West ham

Home Forum Matchday Post Match Reaction: Manchester city vs West ham

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ben Cooper 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

I thought the first half was terrible. I get the formation and it was a good idea to play five across the back, defend, then try to hit them on the break with pace. The defending however was shocking leading to two goals inside 20 mins. The first was a failure to track a runner and the second, a simple set piece goal which was unforgivable with three CB on the pitch.

Second half was better, but too little too late unfortunately. Masuaku looked much more comfortable and Antonio looked a real threat and took his goal very well. The addition of Lanzini gave us a real boost, its great to see him back.

We should have many of our injured players back for the next league game which should ensure the three points.

NCHammer
    Participant

Agreed that we are on up and up. And negativity doesn’t help this early. But I’ve got concerns. 1. Slav has not helped the European cause, or our run up to cl qualification at the end of last season where tactically he seemed/seems less than a full set. And it was on display today. 2. And a lesser point to the first. With these signings, and with a full squad to choose from…is there a plan, system or tactical formations that will utilize the seemingly grotesque assembly of random parts that have been utilized VERY differently before they came here?

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

POST BY Stevo, MOVED FROM GENERAL.

awful first half better in second when Antonio pushed up, could have had a penalty when Antonio shirt was yanked from a corner and augero could and should have been sent off maybe im clutching at straws

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.