Sturridge?

Home Forum News and views Sturridge?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Craig Podevin 1 year ago.

• Author

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

I just posted the lunchtime round up.

What do you think about Sturridge becoming a target? I for one think that if he is available, willing to come, and it makes sense financially, we should go all out to get him! Proven goalscorer, will eat up all those chances created from our gifted midfield.

zoomhoff
    Participant

He’d be a definite upgrade on what we have right now, and would be a player Payet could link up with really well. I just don’t see us getting him right now. If we hit some form going into January and he’s not getting game time at Liverpool, we could POSSIBLY swing it. I just hope he doesn’t hit a bad run of injuries like the last striker we signed from Liverpool…

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

His injury record is my main concern. That and the elevated prices in the January window.
      Another thought, we often leave a striker isolated for long periods in a game. Doesn’t really matter how good they are, if there is such a large distance between them and the midfield, the striker will always find it difficult.

Dan Chapman
    Participant

He is a brilliant player and Im sure he would thrive with Payet and Lanzini feeding him. Only problem for me is his injury record.

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

He has had a history of knee trouble is that right?

Dan Chapman
    Participant

I have no idea what his injuries are exactly. If he can manage to stay fit he has to be a target though. But is it wise to potentially sell Carroll and get Sturridge as his replacement?

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

I think he would replace Zaza. If he doesn’t bang in a hat trick against Spurs I really can’t see his deal being made permanent.

Carroll leaving is an interesting thought though. As much as I love to see him play, you simply can’t rely on him staying fit.

Dan Chapman
        Participant

Agreed. As good as he is when he plays he is just too unreliable. I think if a Chinese club came in with £15-20m for him in Jan we would be silly not to sell.

Craig Podevin

If we do go for him, I think we should make his contract mainly appearance-based because of his injury problems. He knows where the goal is and will definitely score goals, he just needs to keep injury-free for as long as possible.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.