Tattoos

Home Forum General discussion Tattoos

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ben Cooper 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

I read an interesting piece in Total Tattoo magazine about Manchester city paying for fans to have the old version of the club crest removed with laser treatment.

West Ham have also changed the crest. There must be many fans with the old style crest tattooed. How do you feel about this if you have and older version? I mentioned this to David Sulllivan Jr and he said ‘Unfortunately, we cant fund that!’

Do you or are you planning to have the new crest tattooed? Do you have a plan for any other type of West Ham tattoo in the future?

I was personally planning a design if we won the FA cup, but this one would be very subtle and not obviously a football tattoo. I was thinking of a medieval sacred chalice to represent the trophy, but unfortunately we were eliminated by Man United so it just wasn’t to be.

Football tattoos in my opinion can often be quite cringe,  did you see the guy who had ‘England, European champions 2016’ before the competition had started?

Some people get score lines done if they lose a bet , like this guy.

tattoo_3423644b

If this is yours do get in touch!

ExWHUEmployee
    Keymaster

I’m def going to be getting a West Ham related tattoo this summer, but can’t decide what to have. I want it to be feminine but to incorporate West Ham in some way…..trying to think outside of the box, but I’m not getting very far!

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

What is associated with the club but also feminine? I can only think of big iron hammers, castles and such.
      Some text with bubbles?
      How about a skyline type piece with the new stadium?
      Do you want it to be obvious that its about West Ham?

I like the idea of a subtle link myself, I did consider having some small crossed hammers on my samurai’s helmet but decided against it in the end as there is really no link between West ham and feudal Japan!

ExWHUEmployee
        Keymaster

That’s the problem, I don’t think there is much that is feminine. I did consider an anklet with a tiny crossed hammers on it, almost like a charm!

I would much rather a subtle link, but at the same time obvious to me that is is West Ham related.

Tavender
    Participant

I’ve got my West Ham tattoo booked in for October, a 7 hour session with a subtle touch of West Ham. The piece I’m getting features a beard with faith beads etched with crossed hammers.

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

Sounds good. What style? Black and grey? Realism? Traditional?

Tavender
        Participant

Black and grey/traditional, but it has a splash of claret in it to match the rest if my sleeve.

Ben Cooper
        Keymaster

Cool! Do you have a photo? I think you can post an image in the text, or link to Instagram or something.

Tavender
        Participant

The rest of my sleeve isn’t very West Ham related just happened to have splashes of claret in around them but I’ll definitely upload the piece I’m getting in October.

Riddik
    Participant

Yeah, that is really THE problem. And what should people with the old version tattoo do??
    Of course it may be covered with something like that, but I don’t think it’s a good idea…

3D tattoos — 52 vivid and eye-catching ideas

https://i0.wp.com/tattoozza.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/91d573dcc6f718387c6b670c2477cc95.jpg?ssl=1

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Riddik.

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Yep, covers normally have to be bold and sometimes dark.
    I don’t see the problem with an old crest. Its still valid, and historical. Imagine in ten years time we win the champions league, someone accuses you of only following West ham through the good times, then you show an old crest tattoo. “no sir, I was here in the days of Roger Johnson and Razvan Rat!”

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.