West Ham vs Astra Giurgiu: Predictions

Home Forum Matchday West Ham vs Astra Giurgiu: Predictions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Craig Podevin 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Jamo
    Participant

A finely balanced match with our goal being an ‘away goal’ is the tiniest of advantages that we take into the second leg.

I can’t see Bilic trying to hold onto the lead but will want to score. So what would you do, play a weaker team and bring on bigger players if required, or try and get the job done early and then make changes?

Me personally, I’d probably go with something like this:

……………….Randolph

Burke Oxford Ogbonna Byram

………….Noble… Obiang

……..Antonio Kouyate Tore

………………Calleri

Bench: Adrian, Burke, Collins, Nordviet, Lanzini, Payet, Fletcher, Valencia

I’m predicting a 2-0

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

Burke starts on the pitch or on the bench? :p

I would swap the fullbacks (more natural) switch Ogbonna for Reid (I would want Angelo and Collins on Sunday)

Also swap Noble for Nordtveit and start Fletcher ahead of Kouyate (same reason, save for Sunday)
    So in summary
    Randolph, Byram, Oxford, Reid, Burke, Obiang, Nordtveit, Antonio, Tore, Fletcher, Calleri

two up top, pile on the pressure early, 2 up at half time, job done.

On Sunday we would have a strong team who are fresh with Payet and Lanzini replacing Tore and Fletcher, Kouyate and Noble relieving Obiang and Nordveit, and Collins and Angelo in for Oxford and Reid. I think Antonio and Byram are young and fit enough to play both days, keepers would switch and hopefully we will have another striker by Sunday but if its Bony he won’t play unfortunately (unless its a permanent deal of course which I doubt)

Jamo
      Participant

Well spotted my ‘deliberate’ mistake 😉

You’re right of course about the two full backs.

Personally I’d look at getting the game wrapped up and then make early subs taking off Kouyate, Noble and possibly even Antonio if game goes to plan.

Would want to see Lanzini gets some mins before Sunday and same with Payet.

For Sunday I’d definitely be looking at having Collins out of the team against a Man City team, his style of defending really doesn’t suit the way they play. Reid and Ogbonna are the strongest pairing we have in my opinion and if one of them couldn’t play I’d prefer Oxford or Burke to play before Collins – On Sunday at least.

Craig Podevin

Randolph
    Byram, Oxford, Ogbonna, Burke
    Noble, Obiang
    Antonio, Valencia, Tore
    Calleri

Subs: Adrian, Reid, Collins, Kouyate, Browne, Lanzini, Fletcher

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.