West Ham vs Southampton: Predictions

Home Forum Matchday West Ham vs Southampton: Predictions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ben Cooper 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Jamo
    Participant

It seems like the mother of all hyperbole to say this is a must win game, but with the negativity around the club at the moment I fear a loss could have a bigger impact on our season than just the loss of 3 points, positivity breeds positivity but negativity breeds much faster and is far more damaging.

So with that in mind, let’s be certain of a win – I think we’ll struggle to keep a clean sheet but will have the attacking strength to score more 2-1.

As for the team selection, with Southampton liking a 4-1-2-1-2 formation and our full back issue I wouldn’t be surprised if Slav decided to go 3 at the back. I’m sure not many will agree mainly because where I’d put Antonio, but this would be my lineup:

……………..Adrian
    ……..Oxford….Reid….Ogbonna
    Antonio……………………Arbeloa
    ………Lanzini..Kouyate…Payet
    ………..Zaza….Fletcher

Bench: Randolf, Byram, Noble, Obiang, Feghouli, Tore, Fenandez

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Ben Cooper.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Jamo.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Ben Cooper.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Jamo.

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

For me Obiang has to play. He will sit infront of the defence and rarely cross the halfway line.

How I would set up the team if I were the boss (4-1-4-1)

Randolph, Byram, Collins, Ogbonna, Arbeloa, Obiang, Antonio, Kouyate, Payet, Lanzini, Fletcher

What I predict will actually happen (4-2-3-1),

Adrian, Byram, Reid, Ogbonna, Arbeloa. Noble, Kouyate, Antonio, Lanzini, Payet, Zaza

I also can’t see a clean sheet unfortunately unless one of Kouyate or Noble stays back in a similar role as described above.

Heart 3:0
    Head 2:1 scrappy win to set us on our way to redemption.

COYI

Jamo
    Participant

You’d drop Adrian but not Collins or Byram?

Each to there own I guess, but with Collins being at fault for so many goals already this season I will be thoroughly depressed if I turn up and see him warming up with the starting XI

Ben Cooper
      Keymaster

Well clearly you can’t drop Byram, the lack of options makes that obvious.
      Collins is a top defender and deserves a chance to put recent mistakes behind him and he gives me more confidence than Reid who has been a shadow of his former self. Saying that I probably would drop them both and have Oxford in.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.