West Ham vs. Sunderland: Predictions

Home Forum Matchday West Ham vs. Sunderland: Predictions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lightwood_Hammer 1 year ago.

• Author

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

We are back at the London Stadium tomorrow to face a struggling Sunderland side. It seems that on paper, this should be nothing but a comfortable home win but you never know with West Ham and a cornered fox, (or black cat in this case) can be dangerous.

I predict that Slav will keep the same system which defeated Palace (3-5-2)

Adrian, Ogbonna (LWB) Reid, Kouyate, Collins (CB), Antonio (RWB), Obiang, Noble (CDM), Lanzini, Payet (AM), Zaza (ST)

and a 2 nil victory with Zaza bagging a brace.

COYI

faubert93
    Participant

Despite the 3-5-2 system working well against Palace, i feel that the formation isn’t suited to deal with Sunderland – a team that is not set up the same as Palace or has similar players.

I’d like it to be a 4-3-2-1 formation, with Adrian, Antonio (RB), Reid and Ogbonna (CB), Oxford (LB). Obiang, Kouyate, Noble (CM), Payet Lanzini AM, Zaza (ST)

3/5 at the back against a team that haven’t won a game, when we are at home, would concern me.

Kouyate, Noble free to move forward with Obiang as the defensive cover. Kouyate also able to drop back if required, when Antonio inevitably gets caught too far up the pitch when we loose possession.

Defoe is their biggest goal threat and the idea of Reid,Kouyate and Collins at CB (as you suggest Ben) would worry me, particularly in terms of Defoe’s pace, and our 3’s lack of. Then again, what do I know! 🙂

Would like to see Oxford have a run out, even as a left back, because he is just as capable of playing there as others (who are fit or not suspended).

I’m going with a 2-0 victory also, Zaza one and Lanzini One.

COYI

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

I get what you mean about the lack of pace at the back but I’m a big believer in not changing a winning team. However, with Cresswell out it has to change so I would be happy to see a more familiar formation.

Lightwood_Hammer
    Participant

Personally I would bring Oxford in and leave Antonio on the wing.

I think Slav will play the same system as Palace and he has even hinted at the fact during his conference.

It would be good to see Zaza score, but then again it will probably be Payet, Noble, Reid and Lanzini who score and Defoe for them, 4-1.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.