WHUFC v NK Domzale – Pick your team

Home Forum General discussion WHUFC v NK Domzale – Pick your team

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jamo 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Jamo
    Participant

As great as it can be when a team ‘picks itself’, one of the great things about last season, was that we had a number of players vying for a starting place that it was never easy to guess the team Slav would go with. I think this season is shaping up to be the same especially when injured players are back.

Thursdays game is difficult to pick for other reasons and will leave the manager with a number of questions on selection. Which keeper to go with? Should Antonio continue at Right Back? What youths deserve a chance?

Here is what I’d start with, I’m sure with the amount of choices you won’t fully agree, so let me know what you would do.

Randolph
    Antonio Oxford Reid Page
    Feghouli Noble Kouyate Tore
    Fletcher Carroll

My reasoning – Randolph would be my keeper for all cup comps
    I’m expecting them to come and defend so less of a need for 3 centre mids and Antonio should be attacking more than defending.
    A left footer at Left back. I’ve not seen Byram do anything to suggest Page shouldn’t play
    Oxford over Harvard because I think it is important to show him and the other youngsters that they can get game time. If he can’t get picked in a game against this opposition, he will be left wondering if he ever will.
    Fletcher has earned his place for me, think it is important that players learn that if they play well in games (albeit friendlies) that they keep their place.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.