Wilfried Bony

Home Forum News and views Wilfried Bony

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TheQuietMan 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

This week we are linked we a move for Wilfried of Manchester City. I haven’t seen much of him at city but he did look very good at Swansea and I was disappointed that we didn’t sign him a couple of summers ago.

What you reckon? The rumour is that he will go to China in Jan so could prove useful until then, although he would have to wait until after the international break to play if we loan him as it is City up next.

I would be happy if he comes as he is powerful and a good finisher. He could form a good partnership with Enner or Sakho  (eventually) as they probably have quite a bit more pace.

Richemagehtjr
    Participant

Bony would fit in well with us and we lacked his sort yesterday. Bony with Antonio in attack would give us some serious strength and goal power.

TheQuietMan
    Participant

Bony is the striker Bilic was talking about signing. However it is just a loan deal until January as there is a planned £20m move on the cards for him to a Chinese team offering him £250k per week which isn’t something we can compete with.

I do believe this will be a very good short term loan for us as Bony is proven in the premier league is the powerful type of striker Bilic seems to like.

IronInfo
    Participant

Been told the same as above regarding Bony.

Slaven rates Bony very highly and the club want to back him all the way, Slav has concerns over Carroll’s long term fitness after his latest setback.

Jamo
    Participant

I liked Bony at Swansea, but concern will be is two-fold.

1) I think it’s fair to question any players desire if he is choosing the money of China over European Football.

2) If the deal in China isn’t actually done and dusted then I’d be concerned he will be more worried about not picking up an injury that could scupper that deal rather than doing his best for us.

TheQuietMan
    Participant

It looks like the interest in Bony has ended for a more priority position which is Right back. However, if there is departures we may return to looking for an additional striker or player that will positively add to the squad.

Valencia, Obiang and Sakho are the most likely to leave.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.