Will (How many times) we break our transfer record this summer?

Home Forum News and views Will (How many times) we break our transfer record this summer?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mhabridge 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

dixiedean
    Participant

Hi all,

I am buzzing about the possibility of Bacca arriving, now i know £25 m is huge for us, but that is a debate in another thread, i am keen to find opinions on if this will be our last big money signing this window?
    With Sakho, Valencia and Tonks leaving for circa £40 mill add that to a probable war chest of £40 mill, then in theory we have up to £70 million to spend this window (Lanzini cash removed).
    I have a sneaky feeling Slav / DS have a huge ace up their sleeve somewhere.

I think we will sign Bacca this week, then break that transfer record in another couple of weeks with a player like Mateo Kovačić from Real Madrid.

COYI

Ben Cooper
    Keymaster

I think we have to smash the record to compete. I mean look at palace, bidding silly amounts for Benteke. The whole market has shifted with the TV deals.

mhabridge
    Participant

I think this will only be broken once with the arrival of a striker, the rest will be smart business like Tore, Feghouli and Nordveit.

Will be broken again next year though or possibly January if we continue to exceed.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.